Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dcon - the comedown





Coming down from Dragon*Con is NOT fun. Four days of nothing but games, walking around in costumes, drinking and staying up until 4 a.m. each night is cool when you're in college, but I typically try to limit my late nights to just one a week these days. Such is (adult) life.
However, I'm back and somewhat recovered, ready to wow you with the meager pics I took.
Here's a primer for the uninitiated:
Pic 1: I found this live-size Barbie Saturday afternoon while con strolling. Great personality, lemme tell ya. Friendly, too. Asked for her number, but apparently she's got a boyfriend.
Pic 2: This is a shot of my friend and one of the angels from the "Doctor Who" episode "Blink." The angels have a defensive mechanism: whenever something sees them, they turn to stone. They can only move when nothing is looking at them. They get their energy by sending people back in time, then feeding off all the events that might have been but never will. In this shot, said friend unfortunately has his eyes closed. He's now somewhere around 1945 in Kansas.
Pic 3: A typical pic of me as Dr. Forrester from "MST3K" fame. The Boddingtons is more than half empty.
Pic 4: Stevie D in usual rare form. The bathrobe came from his hotel room. The sombrero is a mystery to everyone but him.

No comments: