Saturday, August 30, 2008

Barbie in a box

Stayed up until about 4 a.m. this morning, so naturally I was up after three hours of sleep. We didn't actually start moving until 11 a.m., though I've already got the startings of that "con feeling."

I hit the Exhibitor's Hall, or at least one of them this morning, and picked up a couple of shirts. One for myself, and of course one for the gf. The place was packed, though. Advice I learn and forget every year - go to the Dealer's Room early. Skip the crowds and buy your stuff before you're fighting through aisles of vendors like you were back in high school.

The best sighting today - a woman dressed as Barbie that's still wrapped in the box she came in. I would show you a picture, but I left that cable at home and won't be able to wow you fans reading at home until Monday at the earliest.

Got just one comment on the Dr. Who scarf. Someone who's into knitting herself stopped me in the food court and asked who made it for me. She's planning on making one yards and yards long. Mine's only about two yards long.

Stay tuned for more madness.

No comments: